Welcome To The Goldnev Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Goldnev Resources Inc. is a public energy company focused on conventional and unconventional oil and gas production, with active projects located in British Columbia, oil shale exploration program in Saskatchewan, and oil and gas production in Alberta.

Free
Nov 26, 2008 06:33PM
Nov 28, 2008 05:54AM

Yes, you maybe be right about the upward direction in the oil price for the New Year. I certainly hope so. Of course, the fact that the low Canadian dollar could help oil stocks in general could very well be proven true. However, it the price of oil is just one variable in the mix.

I am not so sure that a higher oil price would help GNZ. As a long term investor I noticed that when the oil price gained over time in the past, the stock still sank continually. I believe that other variables such as new and SIGNIFICANT investor interest would elevate our stock price much more and that, I believe, is what we all are here for.

OK, I agree that the latest Saskatchewn mission to China is a little stretch for an oil and gas company like GNZ but it all helps to make connections in this broad industry of energy and minerals (the Saskatchewan Minister and representative is responsible for both areas).

This may come as a surprise to most investors here (although it has been mentioned in a few posts in the past) but at least two companies in China namely Fushun Mining Group and PetroChina are major players in the international oil shale development industry. Fushun is actually using ATP (Albertan technology) to solve some of their difficult retort production problems. Shell Oil has invested heavily in a Chinese company Jilin Guangzheng Mineral Development to perhaps test and showcase their in-situ technology.

Dec 01, 2008 04:50AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply