Welcome To The Goldnev Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Goldnev Resources Inc. is a public energy company focused on conventional and unconventional oil and gas production, with active projects located in British Columbia, oil shale exploration program in Saskatchewan, and oil and gas production in Alberta.

Free

Re: Regarding Oil and Gold Seasonal Strategies.

posted on Feb 27, 2009 05:45PM

A friendly wager of sorts takes life in our sleepy discussion group...Right On!

Wading in here, I do agree with the assessments of Mudlark et al to a point. Gold WILL rise due to the continuing and uncertain global financial crisis AND Obama's reaction to it. No doubt about it in my mind. The real question is when and how much? I do not believe that this Spring or Summer leaves sufficient time to significantly CHANGE the prevailing formula of investing in these two commodities. The honeymoon is still on for the recently started Obama so-called stimulus package. Several months, if not a YEAR, is needed before everyone realizes this this thing aint going to work. THEN, gold will rise to unforseen heights, IMHO!

In the meantime we have oil and gas. Much maligned commodities these days from certain places (especially D.C.) it seems. Drilling is way down and falling fast. Exploration plays are drying up. Financing of development in this sector is dicey. The price is pathetically low. Feels like OVERSOLD to me. Again, it may take several months or a year for it to climb. Nevertheless, it probably has hit the bottom. Time to invest now?

New Message
Please login to post a reply