Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored

Hi A-G,

I believe that I replied to that question in a video!

There are no Machiavellian plans behind the name HPQ SILICA POLVERE….  

Please see my replies to your questions below in blue:

-- Just curious about the choice of the Italian word for powder in HPQ Polvere.

Our previous newco was called HPQ NANO SILICON POWDERS INC, so I simply did not want to confused people between the two Companies by calling it HPQ SILICA POWDERS INC, so I decided to use the Italian word for powders instead…

Is Italy a big producer of fumed silica? Don’t really know, as that was not even a reason for the name, but Europe is an important market and by picking an Italian name you hope to better market HPQ's fumed silica? No, please see the above answer…

-- And since HPQ's process is a game changer and a status changer and just so much better in every way, perhaps it could be marketed under its own name and not be confused with traditional fumed silica.

You do realize that Fumed Silica is a generic name for the product and that every manufacturer, like HPQ SILICA POLVERE INC, will be, have specific name brand to sell their product, so eventually we will create our own brand. 

How about PyroSilica?  Maybe, but now is not the time to talk about this… All in good time…

Perhaps you could have an on-line competition for a good name - and the winner gets some Pyro Swag.

Heck, if we do that, we will create some HPQ Swag… but that is not for tomorrow… 

Regards,

Bernard Tourillon

New Message
Please login to post a reply