Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored

This has always been in the agreement and readily available information. 

Pyrogenesis had the option to collect a percentage of the revenue or a yearly royalty payment. This means they would have been making money from HPQ even if HPQ wasn't really making any money. The way I look at it they foresee making money very quickly over and above what they ever would have made in a royalty payment so it makes sense to convert ownership right away and forgo royalty payments. This means they will likely share all the costs going forward or producing the material and operating it. Maybe a joint venture or partnership wanted to see this ownership changed so that they could come aboard too? Might have been a easier agreeemnt to write up knowing that HPQ polvere is owned by two parties equally rather than HPQ and a convoluted royalty agreement. I wouldn't read much into HPQ shareholders being ripped off. This seems bullish to me. They wouldn't forgo guaranteed yearly royalties unless they thought it was going to be monetized near term. Maybe we have a large partnership sniffing around or potentially buyout which was always Bernard's end goal with the HPQ polvere division if you listened to past interviews.

just my two cents 

New Message
Please login to post a reply