Welcome To The Inspiration Mining HUB On AGORACOM

The company is exploring for nickel deposits on its Langmuir property near Timmins, Ontario; for nickel-gold-copper on its Cleaver and Douglas properties; and for molybdenum and rare earth elements at recently acquired Desrosiers property.

Free
Apr 19, 2010 04:21PM
Apr 19, 2010 04:52PM
Apr 19, 2010 05:16PM

Apr 19, 2010 05:55PM
Apr 19, 2010 05:57PM

Crusty, If I was the boss here, and I was trying to spin out an asset/subsidiary in this fashion, which of the two "obstacles" is more or less taken for granted as a given here by the management team?

1) the shareholders

"As Metal Mines constitute all or substantially all of the assets of the Company, the proposed divesture must be approved by the Company's shareholders."

2)or the regulatory authorities?

"The proposed spin-out is subject to regulatory and shareholder approval and there can be no assurance that the proposed spin-out would be completed. The listing of Metal Mine's shares will be subject to Metal Mine meeting the listing criteria of the TSX and there can be no assurance that Metal Mines will meet the criteria."

The same shareholders who have the power to vote the management group in or out also have the same voting power to say yes or no to spinning out MM from ISM. I would tend to agree with you in that the shareholders vote is critical here for this to happen/proceed. Lining up the ducks means securing this vote first imho.

The regulatory authority is probably a given as they simply have to meet a list of requirements for listing etc. They successfully took ISM from the Venture exchange to it's present Toronto listing. How different will it be to do the same for MM?

Icon president EBF

Apr 19, 2010 06:23PM
Apr 19, 2010 08:37PM
Apr 19, 2010 08:38PM
Apr 19, 2010 10:48PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply