Welcome To The Kimber Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Creating value through Exploration and Development in the Sierra Madre of Mexico

Free

I have tried talking with IR at Kimber and if you call now, it's a female. She's pleasant and all that, but she can't, and won't, provide anything beyond the usual public pitch.

I had been disappointed with her predecessor when he made no effort to shine the light of fact on the Jim Cramer mixup a few months back when Cramer said to sell Kirby on his hypefest CNBC show and it got posted on Yahoo as him saying to sell Kimber. But Matthew apparently was on his way out the door at the time, so I guess I can understand clarifying misperceptions regarding Kimber was not high on his list.

Kimber has brought the IR in-house, which I think is a plus. But I thought that when Evolving Gold did the same last year, without apparent benefit when measured by share performance. The new guy at Evolving Gold has been spoken to by me often, also.

In general, talking to IR types is valuable not so much for what they say, but how they say it. You can pick up a message at times just by their voice inflection. I'm not saying they're trying to dispense inside information, but rather it's hard for them to disguise either an upbeat, or downbeat, take on a matter when they have to talk about it at any length.

Silver analyst Dave Morgan says these precious metals stocks, and the metals themselves, have a tendency to scare you out (with sharp declines) or wear you out (with extended periods of lethargy). I'm not necessarily scared, but I am worn down. That's why I cheer myself up by periodically banking small Kimber profits.

My next reward could be pitching Evolving Gold overboard, absorbing the huge loss, but also lightening my emotional burden. The San Gold thing, where great drill results did nothing for the stock -- a small producer at that, not merely an explorer -- makes me think sentiment regarding Evolving Gold is so poor the boys could drill into a cavern full of 24K bars and the stock would sell off.

Looks like my buying Kimber on the cheap has hit a lull here with Kimber up. What to do? Decisions. Decisions. Decisons.

New Message
Please login to post a reply