Ni, Co, Cu, PGM, Au Properties in Ontario Canada

Producing Mines and "state-of-the-art" Mill

Free

News

posted on Sep 28, 2009 08:17AM
Filing Services Canada |
FSC / Press Release

Liberty Ships Concentrate from the Redstone Mill

Edmonton, Alberta CANADA, September 28, 2009 /FSC/ - Liberty Mines Inc. (LBE - TSX), ("Liberty or the Company") is pleased to announce that it shipped 302.95 tonnes of concentrate processed at the Redstone nickel concentrator ("Mill") during the week of September 21, 2009 to be smelted by Xstrata Nickel in Sudbury, Ontario. The concentrate was processed from nickel mineralization at the Redstone mine, which was re-opened in late August. To the end of September 24, 5,352 tonnes of mineralization were delivered to the Mill for processing. New mining techniques employed at the mine during September have performed nicely to date; enabling an increased production rate at a lower cost of mining. Two crews are now working at the mine.

Ramp and raise development at the nearby McWatters nickel mine are progressing well. An amendment to the closure plan for the mine to incorporate an open pit is being submitted today. A new permit to take water will be submitted shortly to enable both underground and open pit mining. The feasibility study originally scheduled for release this month was amended to include the open pit and is now expected to be released by mid October.

Liberty would like to announce that Mr. Tony Linton BSc (Mining Engineering) P.Eng joined the Company September 9, 2009 as Mine General Manager. Before coming to Liberty, Mr. Linton worked at Cementation in various positions over the last six years, most recently as a project engineer. Previous to that, he was a mine planner with Goldcorp over a six year period.

About Liberty Mines Inc.

Liberty Mines Inc. is a producer of nickel and is focused on the exploration, development and production of nickel, copper, cobalt and platinum group metals from its properties in Ontario, Canada. It owns and operates the Redstone nickel concentrator near Timmins Ontario.

CAUTIONARY STATEMENT
No stock exchange, securities commission or other regulatory authority has approved or disapproved the information contained herein. This News Release includes certain "forward looking statements". All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release, without limitation, statements regarding future plans and objectives of Liberty, are forward looking statements that involve various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from Liberty's expectations are: exploration risks; commodity prices; regulatory approvals; receipt of mining permits and leases; and assumed startup and operating costs detailed herein and from time to time in the filings made by Liberty with securities regulators.

For further information please contact:
Dr. Gary Nash, PhD (Physics), President & CEO
Phone (416) 238-9736 Fax 780-437-7898
e-mail: gnash@libertymines.com

Press Release 14-09

Source: Liberty Mines Inc. (TSX: LBE) http:// www.libertymines.com
Maximum News Dissemination by Filing Services Canada Inc. *
www.usetdas.com
Sep 28, 2009 08:44AM
Sep 28, 2009 12:23PM

Sep 28, 2009 01:58PM

Sep 28, 2009 05:29PM