Free

Kathleen posted the note below earlier today over at Yahoo.  I hope I am not stepping on her toes by reposting it here.  I have been waiting over there on Yahoo to see her notes about the Benchmark seminar and I think that her notes are extremely important.  I didn't catch the seminar so I am doubly grateful that Kathleen ( Kate 7 ) was so nice about sharing her obserevations of that seminar.  Thanks, Kate!!!

Hello LAC friends!
I attended a Benchmark zoom webinar yesterday and below are some points that are applicable here to the larger lithium markets....

1.Expected 15-25% slump in demand for EV and thus lithium. Hitting EV demand now and working it's way backward in supply chain. Lag to lithium is 2-3 months.

2.Simon Moores calls this the "lost quarter for lithium". Puts a big knot in the supply/demand scenario for short term(1-2 years)

3.Hydrogen will play a smaller part of the energy story...more like a "niche market"

4.Long term...conversion to EV is pushed out but still on track.

5.Corona virus has weakened the global supply chain and brought attention to its vulnerability. How will this change in post corona world? Will supply chains become more vertically integrated?

6.Will Corona push ICE to retool to EV when reopening?

I will leave you all to your own interpretation as how this relates to LAC.
There are many questions still to be answered and most are only seen in hindsight.

Simon Moores quote at the end:
"If you are a pessimist....everything gets cut because of Corona.
If you are an optimist...money is put into EV(and thus Li) and grows due to Corona.

New Message
Please login to post a reply