Free
Message: Re: Battery Plant included in the Draft EIS for Thacker Pass

Indeed a great catch. I vaguely remember, that Evans was once talking about turning LAC from a mining company to a chemical company (based on which I have actually put my generous valuation I have presented here some time ago), but considering production of battery cells is quite interesting idea. With bit of promo, Evans could have turned a $6/share company to a $60/share company virtually overnight, subsequently sell more shares to finance it.

However, it is me to see who is writing this comments, hence it cannot be too positive. I have to admit, I have not read the material itself and the section copied above is a nice, but just a story, which may be executed in some future far, far away.

My point is, that the "new generation" of batteries does not exist. Appart of some laboratory prototypes, solid state battery is a "holy grail" not yet discovered. So it is indeed  exiting idea and hopefully those silly Robin Hoods will jump on it, but just a "just in a case" provision. LAC has applied for a permition for something, which may be build maybe 10-15 years from now. IMHO the motive primarily not to build the factory, but to have an "OK" on such a project in a case, they get someone like Panasonic to throw money against the Thacker Pass project.

Anyway, I am not going to present this on TOB. Too much of exitement there and also the wave of frustration from Sybil has its high. Do not want to get in the middle of it :-)

New Message
Please login to post a reply