Free

Hi Folks,

New member here.   Bill may remember me from WLCDF and KNDI days.  I appreciate all the great info that people have been posting here.

In addition to the actual "shelf prospectus" info, I thought the following summary of the Thacker Pass project contained within this document was interesting... particularly the last paragraph:

Thacker Pass Project

The Thacker Pass Project is located in northern Humboldt County, Nevada and hosts a large sedimentary-based lithium mineral resource. In 2018, LAC completed a pre-feasibility study on the Thacker Pass Project. The mine plan in the pre-feasibility study contemplates developing an initial phase 1 production capacity of 30,000 tonnes per annum of battery-grade lithium carbonate, followed by an expansion to 60,000 tonnes per annum.

In 2019, LAC commenced work on a feasibility study. For the feasibility study, LAC is investigating different production parameters that will result in a different financial analysis to that of the pre-feasibility study. The feasibility study is expected to be accompanied by an updated resource estimate that incorporates exploration data from prior drilling and analysis on lands hosting sedimentary-based mineralization proximate to the current resource area, which is expected to result in a substantial increase to indicated and measured resources at the Thacker Pass Project.

Permitting continues to advance as planned at the Thacker Pass Project with all major permits expected to be received by the end of the first quarter of 2021. The U.S. Bureau of Land Management (“BLM”) recently completed a 45-day public comment period on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (“EIS”) as published by the BLM in the third quarter of 2020. The BLM is in the process of incorporating public comments into the Final EIS which will form the basis of the Record of Decision.

In September, the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development unanimously approved tax abatements for the Thacker Pass Project which are expected for the first phase construction period. The tax abatements total US$9 million, including partial sales, property and payroll tax abatements.

The Company continues to explore financing options for the construction of the Thacker Pass Project, including the possibility of a joint venture partner. Based on discussions with potential customers and joint venture partners, the Company is assessing changes to the parameters of its feasibility study work to target a higher production capacity than the 20,000 tonnes per annum of lithium carbonate equivalent and a revised product mix than previously considered. As a result, the scheduled timing for completion of the feasibility study will be adjusted once the Company has determined the targeted initial capacity and product mix that more accurately reflects forecasted market demand. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply