Free

Let's be clear.

Ganfeng is a 51% owner of Minera Exar in Argentina, while LAC owns 49%.  Minera Exar is now a separate company that is partly owned by LAC.

There is no control in the opposite direction.  Ganfeng / Minera Exar do not own any percentage of LAC, and they have no ownership or control of what LAC does in Thacker Pass.  If there was any conflict here, it would have been brought up at the time the deals were signed with Ganfeng.  But there wasn't, because that deal didn't give Ganfeng any control over LAC or TP.   The intent of the law is to not give China control over any US resources, and in this case, they haven't.  

Now... this is 2020, and rationality has often seemed to go out the door.   Who knows what might happen.   But I'm not sure how thinking about this might change my investment behavior.   I can either stay the course, or get out now because I think any crazy thing might happen.  I doubt that if LAC's permits are denied for this reason, that we'll have a chance to react before the share price is completely tanked.   

New Message
Please login to post a reply