Cal
Dec 04, 2020 09:57AM
Dec 04, 2020 10:23AM

Dec 04, 2020 11:28AM
Dec 05, 2020 12:33AM
Dec 05, 2020 01:24AM

Dec 05, 2020 01:29AM

Dec 05, 2020 08:47AM

Thanks for the feedback Pavel.  Everyone on Agoracom or any public board is entitled to their opinions for sure.  I did not and do not want to suppress your feedback or opinions at all.  LAC is my largest individual stock holding and right or wrong I am 90%+ positive about the outlook for LAC.  With that said, I am not sure why you think I would be “shocked” that someone can write something negative about LAC.  I want to hear from other investors that are less bullish or even negative about LAC.  Access and awareness of dissenting views always makes you a better investor.  I just struggle with investors that say they are long LAC but seem to post a lot of information/opinions on Agoracom and other boards that seem to contradict their public long-term support of LAC.  I have seen a lot of posts over the past three years from certain investors that primarily focus on potential or actual negative news about LAC.  #sheep

On the surface I agree that it is not perfect to mine Lithium in the USA and then ship it overseas to “Asia” and then back to the USA.  With that said, the model proposed by LAC to the State of Nevada on 8/7 is much more efficient than what happens today.  This approach leverages the Asia based infrastructure that is already in place today vs. LAC having to raise $1B+ to build out a full vertically integrated battery supply chain @ TP.  When LAC’s draft EIS came out in July, I was excited and scared at the same time about LAC’s references to a next gen all-solid-state-battery facility @ TP.  I think LAC fully understands mining and specialty chemical processing.  They have the best lithium-based management team in North America, but they should stay in their swim lanes in you ask me.  I did not originally invest in LAC because of their cathode or battery manufacturing abilities.  I am sure I got overall excited in the past about battery potential, but I say we leave cathodes and battery manufacturing to at least phase II when LAC’s balance sheet is much stronger in 2024+.

Thanks to Al B. from TOB, I was able to meet John Kanellitsas and Alec Meikle for a lunch in Boston in 2019.  One of the many questions that I asked them was “Do you prefer that Trump wins in 2020 or a Democrat?”.  There are pros and cons with both parties but both parties will do what they can to protect precious metals/minerals like Lithium going forward.  90%+ of lithium today is mined in Australia/South America and then shipped to multiple locations in Asia before it is returned to the USA, Europe and other destinations that need lithium batteries.  North America currently accounts for about 1% of all lithium mining.  Simply having the ability to mine lithium in the United States is a huge first step vs. our full dependance on foreign sources today.  If you find this LAC proposed supply chain “concept ridiculous” I respectfully must question if you fully understand how Lithium is mined and processed today.  I agree that the current process is “ridiculous”, but LAC is aiming to make it less ridiculous, not perfect.

Regarding your last comment to my quote, “Once C-O revenue starts to hit our balance sheet in 2022, LAC can partner with a US based cathode producer” The first part of my quote is 100% based on LAC’s expected production date @ C-O in the first half of 2022.  The second cathode part is based on biased speculation on my part for sure.   As you said, “I was just expressing my opinion”.  Am I not allowed to do the same?  As you know, there is a full-time pumper of LAC on TOB.  What drives me nuts about that person is that we seem to be on the same team and yet they usually attack me no matter what I post.  Right or wrong it is always good to know what team people are on and sometimes I struggle to figure that out with certain investors.  All the best…..GO LAC!!

WB

Dec 09, 2020 05:29AM
Dec 11, 2020 10:00AM

Dec 11, 2020 10:31AM

Dec 12, 2020 12:32AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply