Free

Cornergrinders:  "Hasn't LAC already produced 15000 KG at the RENO site with the pilot plant."

Dec 10, 2020, LAC Presentation:  "Testing facility in Reno, Nevada with over 15,000 kg of lithium sulfate solution produced"

So, that is lithium sulfate.  The ultimate product would be lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide as far as the EV industry is concerned.  

For me, anyway, I am looking for how the Process Testing facility in Reno has modified the original processing that was outlined in that 1 August 2018 Pre Feasibility Study.  I don't care wheather they have produced 15,000 Kg of lithium sulfate solution or 15,000 Tones of lithium sulfate solution.  I want to know how they have tweaked the initially planned process with all of that "testing" as it applies to taking lithium clay as the base substance to extract from that clay the lithium. 

I could be way mistaken on this point, and if so then I am certain someone here will call my error to my attention, but I view that Processing Test facility in Reno as being constructed with the purpose of improving their initial design for doing something no one in history has done before:  taking lithium clay and extracting the lithium from that source to produce commercial grade lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide.  Anyway, that is where my focus is in regard to the Reno facility. 

My understanding is that it will never be the actual Processing Plant for Thacker Pass, just the place where the original plan is "stressed" to look for problems and ways to improve the process. 

I look at it much like I would look at a cardiac stress test in a patient who didn't have obvious cardiac defect symptoms.  The purpose being to stress the heart in a controlled environment in order to detect problems that otherwise would not be obvious.  JMO   Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply