Free

Work at the mine site is expected to begin the first quarter of 2021 or so says an article from Desert Fog, linked below.

I mention this time frame because of Cal's reference to a possible 2024 production date and that it might take 2 years for finalizing construction once it has begun.  If it is indeed 2 years post initiation then we would be looking at 1st Quarter of 2023.  This whole conceept of exactly when production is supposed to start is quite nebulous and seems to depend on which article is being featured at the moment.  LAC management could easily stop this whole confusion by coming out with a definitive statement regarding the estimate for beginning production..... Light Bulb Moment:  maybe they will do that when they publish the "Definitive" Feasibility Study.  Inquiring stockowners want to know:  What and When is really "Feasible"???  We shouldn't have to speculate on a "Definitive" estimated date for the start of production at Thacker Pass.

Clifford posted the following partial comment:  "I am not here to throw water on my own position in LAC. But I would like to know a lot more about LAC's processing method for their large deposit. A major part of their construction has to be their method of processing the so called clay material. Could they be moving the goal posts because they have not perfected their unique  process for this material?"

Clifford, you know I have been raising the flag on the LAC "Process Research Facility" in Reno, Nevada for years now.  I will continue to ask, and I think the other LAC stockholders should also be asking, "What is going on at the Process Research Facility and exactly what progress have the made, if any, in regards to refining the processing of the lithium clay resource found in Thacker Pass?"

I don't think we can possibly shine too much investor light on this question since no one has ever used lithium clay to manufacture lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide on a commercial scale before.  LAC would be the first and there is just no way to underestimate the importance of the work that supposedly is being done at the Reno Process Research Facility.  LAC should be giving periodic reports on the nature and achievements of this laboratory, it is the arch stone for future success in regards to Thacker Pass.  Thanks to Clifford for bringing up again this topic.  I firmly believe that all retail investors should be equally concerned about it because it will either come back to bite us all in the butt or lead to our ROI dreams for LAC... and we have no news about it, not for quite a while has LAC even mentioned it.  In the words of Ricky Ricardo:  "  'Splain it to me, Lucy!!!"

OK, the latest article from Desert Fog is pretty much a panaroma of historical developments that have occured and includes the most recent events as well regarding Thacker Pass.  I think it is worth keeping on file and I will post it separately in the Link Library.    Okiedo

» Lithium Americas Thacker Pass Desert Fog

New Message
Please login to post a reply