Free
May 13, 2021 02:00PM
May 14, 2021 12:05AM
May 14, 2021 12:13AM

WB DT, thanks for your post and your position.  There is plenty of room for a "Perma Bull" on this Hub!  Your presence is an undeniable positive asset to this Hub.

There is also room for legitimate criticism of LAC as well.  A well known phrase is:  "Where there is smoke, there is fire".  My opinion remains that when the 52 week range shows a high of $28.75 and then the intraday drops down below $12, there is something wrong in River City. 

That doesn't mean that I don't have faith in the ultimate leadership at the wheel, only that everyone is fallible and everyone is capable of imperfect judgement on at least some of the complex issues they face while doing a remarkable job on the majority of issues.

If for no other reason than the marked decline in share price in the last year, I do believe that the gravity of such a decline in "investor value" needs to be addressed head on by LAC management.  There is no advantage in pretending that it didn't happen.  It certainly is not going to be a "non issue" to prospective investors sitting on the sideline for LAC and for those potential investors classified as "Institutional Investors", even though the whole of "retail investors" might not be a significant enough of a consideration for LAC management to raise an eyebrow.

Yes, LAC is a long way from the 30 cents a share days of Western Lithium, even at $11.99 a share, even considering the 5:1 Reverse Split of years ago in order to implement LAC's entry to the NYSE.  There is no denial about that ascendancy from the sub $1 a share days, but if one of the goals of LAC is to attract additional new "Institutional Investors" then showing them over a 50% reduction in share price within a 52 week parameter is, I would respectfully submit, the wrong way to go about it.  

My hope is that there will always be room for a divergence of opinion on this Hub to even include the "Pumper" on the one extreme and the "Basher" on the other extreme as long as both positions and those on the ground between those extremes are presented with respect for the opinions of those not in synch with their own.  WB DT, you have criticized my own perspective with attention to that parameter and I am grateful for your consideration.  I hope mine is perceived in the same vein.

Bottom line, contrary to rumor, I am far away from being ready to sell my shares of LAC.  I am still optimistic about the future of LAC as that pertains to the long range future of LAC.  In regards to the short term future:  not quite as optimistic.

However, today has got off to a good start in a positive direction and I will take that start as a small victory and as a possibility that my short term pessimism may not be justified. I would gladly "eat crow" in regard to my present temporal related less than complete enthusiasm for LAC management should LAC experience a flight back into the ether above $20 a share.  In that event, I like to have my crow with plenty of Tabasco Sauce, thank you.

Respectfully, Okiedo.

May 15, 2021 12:07AM

May 15, 2021 03:00AM
May 17, 2021 01:46PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply