Free

I recommend anyone who looks under the cover regarding DGR to check out in more detail Mr. Wilbert's views on:  "Direct Action", "Reducing consumption" and "Reducing human population".  He only breifly mentions them in the short Vice TV clip, but he certainly has on record elaborated more on these and other topics.  Again, I would caution that one not confuse the antics and words of Mr. Wilbert and his DGR cohorts with the genuine concerns of Humboldt County residents who might also share, for their own reasons, concerns over Thacker Pass.

It is this second group, that fraction of Humboldt County residents, in opposition to the Thacker Pass Project that Alexi Zawadzki and Jon Evans need to reach out to and to come up with acceptable compromise on key issues of present dischord.  

Looking at the Vice TV video I thought it was quite interesting how quickly the TV interviewer at the interview in the Reno LAC LAB passed over the statement from the LAC rep about how LAC planned to do simultaneous back filling and restoration of part of the mine that had been mined while moving on to new parts of the mind that have not been mined.  In other words, unlike the mining process that has existed in the West for decades whereby a mining company waits until the end of life of a mine to do the "Restoration", LAC is already planning on going a step further and instituting restoration measures contingent with the beginning of the pit mining process itself.  That is a remarkable commitment on the part of LAC, but it was given only superficial mention in this TV "documentary" style program.  

It is up to LAC and the PR folks at LAC to take their early restoration style approach off the public back burner and put it out on the front burner for everyone to take notice of it.  LAC must be aggressive in fighting back against environmental whacko nonsense by discrediting it where applicable and by instituting viable counter measures where needed in order to defuse the legitimate concerns of affected ranchers and farmers in the area of Humboldt County through effectively promoting outreach efforts.

That is something that they have done in Argentina.  I previously posted a research article comparing their efforts with other mining companies in Argentina's 3 northern provinces.  Their efforts in Argentina as a "negotiating" mining company set them apart from the "non-negotiating" mining companies and the same thing should occur here in Nevada.  Nothing wrong with negotiating with the folks living on and near the lands in Humboldt County in order to prove the claim of Alexi Zawadzki that LAC and Nevada Lithium propose to be a "Good Neighbor".  That is the best way  to counter the deleterious and misguided effects of Max Wilbert and the DGR.  

LAC and Nevada Lithium has an opportunity at Thacker Pass to apply the lessons they have learned down at Cauchari-Olaroz in a constructive way in order to obtain the best possible marriage of furthering the future for a successful lithium clay mining endeavor at Thacker Pass and in creating a partnership with all local communities affected by Thacker Pass.  The end result would be a positive development for all. 

I hope that is the tact that LAC and Nevada Lithium takes and that they do so with all the aggression in their counter effort that misguided and mispurposed organizations such as the DGR does on its offensive against Thacker Pass.

JMO

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply