Free

Sorry Jimmyschmidt, I historically tend to disagree on this one. With the exception of the powertrain/engine, the EV is pretty much the same as any other car. Unless of course you consider tires (which must handle more weight) steel, glass, wiring and other components “EV specific” and therefore more environmental friendly. 2 examples proving my point: Hundai in Nosovice is producing EVs (Kona) on the same production line as current models. EVs are mixed among ICE units produced at the same time there. 2nd example is Freemont: the paint shop there is damaging environment more than paint shop of the previous tenant. Musk got there a waiver from local environmentalists on this one, obviously pollution from production of Teslas is beneficial to the environment. But it is conclusive point, that production of EV is no too different from production of any other car.

Regarding CO2 and pollution from “running around”, I am strongly convinced, that EVs are not really helping. EV just cannot be clean, because it is heavy and produces more dust particles than conventional ICE. In respect of CO2, EV is as clean as electricity mix of given country, which is predominantly fossil sourced. And we do not really know, how long current batteries.

However, we are (including myself) here to make money on this trend. My motivation for investment into LAC is bit unorthodox  and slightly different than motivation of “resident bulls” of this place, but overall, we are hoping to drink from the same well. I just do not share the “technological excitement” associated with EVs :-).

New Message
Please login to post a reply