Free
Message: Re: Article on legal challenges to US mining highlights Thacker Pass

I agree with you Pavel.  From what I can see, this is a specific legal angle to persue...but it is not about the sage grouse.

I think the real issue is mining in Nevada(and the US to a larger extent).  I see a power struggle between those that want a mining friendly jurisdiction, jobs, tax money etc..  It solves several problems at once.  Convert away from fossil fuel, provide good jobs, nice tax base.

For environmentalists...it disrupts the environment,  pollutes the air and water, and disrupts the habitat for sage grouse etc...Add in the concerns of local tribes and claim to the land being their ancestors .

We have two groups who want very different things for this piece of property.  Both sides view this as a trial run of mining in Nevada (and US) to set precident.

This is my take on it....today.  I am sure tomorrow we will have new information and it may all change.  

I suppose I always knew this day would come... when a real legal challenge threatened the mine.  Following closely......

New Message
Please login to post a reply