Free

Thank you Okeido.

I should know this but I don't.

Stepping back…

My concerns came about last month with the very high option volumes, highly unusual! It was insanity! On Aug. 11th there were 28K - $17.5 and 14k - $20 Aug. 20 calls mostly purchased that day. I was unsure what to make of it so I didn't sell any additional Sept. puts (not a good time to sell on rising stock price anyways). I had previously sold 400 +/- $15 put contracts expiring Aug. 20th . So I took a breather from adding Sept.. I’m thinking it might be the same entity this month as was last month.

LAC has monthly options and not a lot of volume which has always been concerning for me. Especially considering I have more experience with TSLA which I believe is the ultimate option opportunity.  

My question to Pavel was poorly worded. I didn’t know if he had bought the calls as I inferred, would there be any concerns with selling prior to expiration with such an unusual 17K open interest out there? I assumed he would be selling prior to expiration.

To be frank I was taken back last month. I’m not a believer that option trading effect stock value but large investment groups with such a small company as LAC could be planning to sell or possibly buy large amount of share. They may have contacts within the court house. Who knows? I haven’t seen this volume with LAC prior to last month. That’s why I say someone knows something about something. LOL. If I was a hedge fund It wouldn’t be difficult to run up SP by purchasing high volumes for a couple of weeks buy calls and then sell calls and sell majority of the share purchased. There’s just so many possibilities that I never concerned myself with until I saw all this.

I didn’t have a chance to follow the options in the preceding days last month as I was traveling. I was hoping to learn from that experience and missed out.

I live in Minden. Not too far from where you live.

Jim

New Message
Please login to post a reply