Free
Message: Re: Very curious about how members here feel about Jerry's post over on TOB

I don't propose to be as sophisticated an investor as some that follow various market indicators, nor do I trade in options either. I read and research as much as possible and then often buy based on my own personal experiences in real life. I have been in LAC for 3-4 years and have occasionally reduced my position for financial reasons but have bought back to maintain a very large position in LAC. I am not a "widows and orphans" investor, but rather a speculative sort looking for larger capital gains.  My take on the share price movement of the last few weeks or couple of months is simply the result of day trading. LAC had reached the zenith of +$40 twice, and will reach it again. But it seems that the near daily price movement of $3-$4 for a 10%-15+ return was too much for some investors to pass up. They may be large fund managers or small investors, but for a while the price seemed very predictable and the daily volume did not change a great deal. Over the years I have followed certain stocks that followed a pattern that allowed a near guarantee of daily gains if one has the time to sit and follow the daily movements. The first year of this virus crisis is an example of such activity on my part. There were a couple stocks that I "played" frequently and managed quite well.

Again' I believe that LAC has been day traded and is still a fundamentally sound position that has provided a great opportunity to increase one's position for the past couple of weeks. Of course, I may be all wet behind the ears, and I expect those that see holes in my theory to speak up.

New Message
Please login to post a reply