Free

I agree that Lowrey has a mixed track record. I appreciate his extensive knowledge of the current lithium landscape, but he's not necessarily the best at predicting the future. I disagree with his somewhat negative take on DLE technology and projects and he apprears to have been either premature or incorrect with his bullishness on NANO. However, he has always been a big LAC supporter and knows Evens very well, and I like that he's bullish on LAC.

With respect to future demand and the ability of battery manufacturers to meet their own targets, I wonder if the dark horse in all of this is more the ability of EV OEMs to source microchips. Already the microchip shortage is having a big impact on the production of all new vehicles, and with the war in Ukraine, chipmakers have been cut off from over 50% of the world's neon, which is needed in the process for making microchips. 

I wonder if the microchip shortage persists if OEMs will prioritize EVs over ICE vehicles, accelerating the rate at which EV production catches up to and overtakes ICE. If not, we may see lithium production start to catch up to demand in the short term. Just musing but we should all be aware of the potential threat of future microchip supply interruptions. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply