Free

The microchip issue will be short-lived relative to the lithium demand, IMO.

There's no question China wants control of Taiwan in large part for chip production just as they wanted Hong Kong for financial reasons. If military action is needed this would be easier during Biden's watch. The backlash to Putin is much worse than it would be for China. China really needs to keep chip production going so they will not have similar tactics as Putin plus Xi is much smarter. I doubt we will see military action. 

I suspect Ukrainian Neon manufacturing was a topic of discussion between Xi and Putin. 

I believe the chip shortage will do just the opposite as you suggest. There are more chips in an EV. Most OEMs lose money on producing EVs. Many other EV start-ups will not hit high volume and will go out of business. Rivian will be an example. 

You make a valid point for sure. Again, this is why LAC's partner is so important. I have a strong conviction in Tesla's ability to expand EV adoption. This is obvious as all other OEMs had a reduction in deliveries in 2021 while Tesla increased by 50%. It is very difficult for large companies to pivot. It's very expensive and they always want to preserve their existing business. 

It's obvious Joe's largest position in the lithium space is LAC. It's obvious he understands Tesla. I hope this is a sign he knows LAC's partner. There is no question in my mind that if it ends up as Tesla we will all be doing extremely well with our LAC holdings. Tesla and BYD will be the largest Lithium forces moving forward. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply