Free
Mar 13, 2022 06:43PM
Mar 14, 2022 11:27AM

ElithX - Where are you hearing discussions regarding this spin-off? I'm not finding much talk about it. We did not get any information on the earnings report. I'm thinking the idea is coming from the partnership deal. Not from the government loan program and not so much where they are allocating financial investment. I appreciate your concerns with not speaking publically about something you have no basis for but yet this is a topic we had thrown at us with no context. All we have is conjecture. 

I think there may be a de-risking of the Thacker Pass project via the federal government insuring strategic US OEMs, US battery manufacturing, and now the Thacker Pass(minerals) asset which is influencing Jon's decision to spin off. Because this whole spin-off is coming from left field. Maybe the federal government is willing to sidestep lawsuits if LAC cleans up the entanglement of assets and ownership. This way they get funding, get off-take at market pricing, and backing from the federal government. 

If this theory of mine becomes reality and their partner ends up being GM with MB at the helm and possibly Ford and them negotiating debt through bankruptcy. I see them both as doing a terrible job producing EVs.

I also see continued delays with adding on more federal government bureaucracy which is a more near-term thought than the further out bankruptcy especially when I have no idea who their partner will be.  

With all that conjecture I now have to see how this all may influence my investment and timing thereof. Looking back I didn't see this LAC investment becoming more convoluted. I thought at this point we would have more clearly.

I have a few, well maybe a lot of funds tied up in options that were sold with timing expectations. This is just another reason I see selling options as better than buying options.  

Cal
Mar 18, 2022 10:04AM
Mar 18, 2022 10:24AM
Mar 18, 2022 01:26PM
Mar 20, 2022 09:06AM

Mar 21, 2022 12:20PM
Cal
Mar 21, 2022 04:44PM
Mar 22, 2022 05:05AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply