Free

More I read about the situation FED got itself into, more I am convinced, that what has happened last week has nothing to do with “stock manipulation” but with a general market condition. The 30 years bond went above 3% and rising. Considering, that inflation in the US is well above that, it has no other way but up. I personally smell lot of blood on the (Wall) streets and my only hope is, that the breakdown will not happen till LAC start producing Lithium (that could put LAC into among safe commodity producers). But the common sense (despite some irrational action I have made last week) is to grab the money and run away from the US denominated asset. The only question is, where to go? IMHO Russian oil/gas companies would fit the bill, but that is not optional. At the end of the day, LAC is a Canadian company, but I am not use this this going to count.

The second driver may be, that “pullback” of lithium spot prices in China.  Lithium is no longer going up on a weekly basis, which may have been translated into “panic selloff” lithium assets.

My last thought is, what is going to happen with EV cars in the time of  a recession. New cars sale is going to go down, but there is a mandatory portion of EVs on the overall output (at least in EU it is) and EVs are still an luxury item, the EV segment should be affected much less than ICE. But the purchase power of many is going to be seriously affected by the inflation and rising cost of debt servicing. Even the upper class may not be in a mood of changing cars every 2nd year. Just my 2 Sunday cents of course…

New Message
Please login to post a reply