Free
Message: Distraction sometimes leads back to previous research.

While doing a little searching for the subject of V2G that HC broached on this message board I inadvertently came across several internet references to EnergyX.  A very similar name to Energi, the company that I posted about regarding their proposals and view of V2G.

EnergyX is a company that some long time LAC investors might remember from the Western Lithium days.  If my memory is correct, and that is always suspect, I believe Western Lithum was looking at EnergyX at some time in the past for the proposed method of DLE espoused then by EnergyX.

At any rate, EnergyX is just one of the many companies who have investigated possible Direct Lithium Extraction alternatives to make lithium extraction from lithium brine more effecient.  The subject of DLE gets kicked around a lot when anyone talks about just how to build a better mouse trap related to the lithium mouse.  How do do it better and cheaper.

OK, we have had some limited discussions here on this Hub in the past about DLE and I barely remember any of them.  Still, the concept of DLE is very interesting and it may have a relationship to lithium brine extraction operations everywhere in the future.  

LAC continues to grow and add on new mining site possibilities that go beyond just the lithium clay possibilities presented at Thacker Pass, so it is conceivable that DLE might be part of the future of LAC.  Who knows for sure?  

If not with LAC then possibly practical DLE with lithium mining competitors of LAC.  It isn't a subject that is going to go away anytime soon, considering the economic benefits claimed by all who promote DLE and it is promoted in more and more places in the world of lithium mining.

Well, with that overly long intro I just wanted to present a link back to EnergyX to remeind everyone about DLE.  They aren't, by a long shot, the only fish in the sea of DLE.  I am sure the readers on this Hub know of several others and may feel that others have an even better chance of achieving commercial success with their particular brand of this technology.

This Forbes article from August of 2021 gives a good background on EnergyX, even though it takes a while for it to get to the meat of the subject.

Startup EnergyX Has Plans To Revolutionize Lithium Production (forbes.com)

New Message
Please login to post a reply