Free

I admit there is rampant speculation regarding a possible bid by Ganfeng for Cauchari, but I fail to accept that it is imminent or even likely. LAAC in Argentina is no longer just Cauchari but it also includes 100% ownership the Pastos Grandes project (formerly Millennial) and 65% ownership of the Sal de la Puna project (through its acquisition of Arena). I can't imagine LAAC spinning off only Cauchari and leaving them with a smaller, less developed footprint. I also can't see them willingly divesting of a capital generating project.

I'm also wondering about the extent to which the Canadian government might need to approve a sale. I'm not sure where the headquarters of LAAC will be, but it appears that it will be in Buenos Aires (see website below) so it may be a non-issue. 

LAAC and Ganfeng have had a very positive relationship over the years as they've brought Cauchari to production, and when you look at the Pastos Grandes Basin you see an obvious opportunity to partner and consolidate their combined interests to develop this huge resource (see page 12 of the brand new LAAC Corporate Presentation below). Personally I see a continuation and expansion of the partnership between LAAC and Ganfeng as opposed to a buyout. That's what I'm hoping for.

Lithium Americas (Argentina) Corp

Lithium Argentina Corporate Presentation

New Message
Please login to post a reply