Free

Full disclosure, I have zero mining experience and next to zero mining knowledge, but I did remember DLE being on the table for the Pastos Grandes project. Apparently the brine is kind of unique and might be well suited to a (functioning, industrial scale) DLE process. So I went looking and found this nugget in the end year 2022 Management Discussion (page 12):

Process and Engineering

The Pastos Grandes project has an on-site pilot plant that has been producing lithium carbonate samples sinceApril 2021. Progress to advance process and engineering work since the project’s acquisition in early 2022 has included:

- Performed trials of direct lithium extraction (“DLE”) technologies using Pastos Grandes brine to identify a technology for pilot scale works in 2023. DLE technologies are under consideration for use in potential expansion planning scenarios for the Pastos Grandes project.

Personally I believe that DLE will eventually pan out. SLI is a leader in this area and ETL in Alberta is also touting success with its pilot plant. Both have an awful lot riding on its success. 

Exciting week coming up pre-separation! 

MANAGEMENT’S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS FOR THE YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2022

New Message
Please login to post a reply