Free

OK, hope you will forgive my faulty memory, but I don't remember who it is on this forum who has extensive and long term experience in mining.  I know that one of our members meets that qualification, if not more than one.

I am quite interested to know if LAC, the new one in North America or the one in South America to soon be split off has any serious intent to enter the fray of DLE.

Direct Lithium  Extraction is a subject bantered around for years on this and other forums and one that is a major marketing ploy of several newbee and other junior lithium mining companies.  It is a truly  sensational selling tool to the investment community if it  works as well in the real world and on a large scale as these companies claim it performs in the laboratory.  Why wouldn't it?  

Hard rock lithium mining in Australia, for instance, creates a crushing of the rock and eventual creation of a concentrated slurry that is shipped off to China where the final processing occurs to produce lithium carbonate and/or lithium hydroxide.  In Argentina locations that process lithium brine, as in the Silver Peak Mine in Nevada's Esmeralda County, the solar evaporation of lithium brine can take 18 to 24 months to concentrate the lithium from the brine into a commercial product.

I have lost track of the number of DLE projects claiming to convert the raw mined lithium containing prduct into a finished lithium carbonate or lithium hydroxide for comercial sale within 24 hours or less from rock or brine to finished product.

That "Compare and Contrast" disparity catches the eye of potential investors and must be a investment magnet for those who convince themselves that DLE on a masssive scale is either already in operation or is just around the corner.

So, my appeal is for our local mining expert to cough up his or her views on both the current status of DLE development as it applies to lithium mining and to also discuss their opinion as to whether or not LAC post split or LAC South American version will be doing DLE anytime in the foreseeable future.

Inquiring readers want to know.  Well, at least this inquiring reader anyway.

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply