Free
Message: Critical assessment of the 20 April NBC video produced by Chase Cain. Mr. Edward Bartell's critical comments

Critical assessment of the 20 April NBC video produced by Chase Cain. Mr. Edward Bartell's critical comments

posted on Apr 22, 2020 04:57PM

If you go to that video on YouTube and then peruse the comments section below it you will see a comment by Mr. Edward Bartell that is highly critical of LAC's plan to develop its lithium clay plant in Thacker Pass, Huboldt County, Nevada.

Mr. Bartell's comment was:  "Despite the massive PR effort... This project would be devastating for those of us that live here.  They are planning on hauling in and BURNING hundreds of TONS of stinking sulfur every day; to make sulfuric acid.  They are also going to draw down the water table under wells that provide water for stock and wildlife.  According to their "Plan of Operation" they are going to burn over 11,000 gallons of diesel every day....ON WHAT PLANET IS THAT CARBON NEUTRAL....We are putting together a website on this stoplithium.com

I sent an email to Mr Chase Cain, I believe he was the producer of the favorable NBC video... or at least that he was instrumental in its making, in response to the charges made by Mr. Bartell.  My response is below:

22 April2020

Hello, Chase.  I loved your video.  I am, however, concerned about the comments from Mr. Bartell re: LAC's claim to be carbon neutral.  He is certainly correct in that sulfuric acid production from sulfur will be a major part of the production process at Thacker Pass and, in fact, it is that excess sulfuric acid that will be produced that counts as one of the sources of additional revenue for LAC in order to bring the cost of production down to competitive levels with production at lithium brine base operations.  The other method for cost reduction at Thacker Pass will be the production of excess electricity which will be sold to offset converting lithium clay to lithium carbonate and/or lithium hydroxide.

Chase, I would draw your attention to a document I suspect you have already perused:  the Technical Report on the Pre-Feasibility Study for the Thacker Pass Project of Lithium Americas in Humboldt County, Nevada, dated 1 August 2018.  We are looking for the Definitive Feasibility Study update to come out sometime very soon, as I am sure you are also aware.  I would hope that more "definitive" information about the environmental impact of the production methods to be utilized at the Thacker Pass facility will be incorporated into the DFS, however, I feel certain that with the video that you have already produced that you will have an open door access to the LAC staff and officers in Nevada working on the Thacker Pass Project.  I would be very surprised, as a long time LAC investor, if they did not offer their full cooperation.

Chase, I want to direct your focus to section 20 of the PFS from 1 August 2018.  It is titled:  20. Environmental Studies, Permitting, and Social or Community Impact .   It may not address all of your concerns or those of Mr. Bartell, but it will be a good place to start.  I suggest that you contact Mr. Alexi Zawadski, President of North American Operations for LAC, directly for any assistance about questions you may have.  I suspect you have already visited with him prior to producing your excellent video.  Of course, I am sure that Jon Evans and John Kanellitsas would also be open to your inquires (Director/CEO and President, Executive Vice Chairman, respectively). 

I am interested in your conclusions after you have investigated further, regardless of whether they are positive or negative to LAC.  As a stock holder I try not to wear Rose Colored Glasses in my assessment of LAC or any other investment.  The company certainly promotes the view that they are environmentally and culturally responsible at Thacker Pass.  Thacker Pass does offer the advantage that the lithium clay is close to the surface so that extremely deep pit mining is not viewed as necessary and they have a full plan, as required, for reclaiming the mine post end of life of the mine. 

I myself have contacted the Nevada Department of Wildlife to investigate possible problems with interruption of wildlife at Thacker Pass as it pertains to any endangered flora or fauna.  I would suggest that you do the same:  The are at 1100 Valley Road, Reno, Nevada, 89512.  Their telephone number is: 1-775-688-1506.   They will redirect you call to the gentleman who is their expert on such matters.  It has been a few months since I talked to him and, unfortunately, I do not recall his name but he will give you his assessment of any possible problems.  I believe overall it will be favorable, but he will address the possibilities.

I am a simple retail investor and I am not an employee of LAC or a relative of any LAC employee.  I post on the Yahoo Financials Lithium Americas message board as "William R.", but I don't recommend it as a source of information because it has been infiltrated, like most of the Yahoo message boards, by acrimony and juvenile outrageous behavior and has lost its value as an information source.  I am trying to get a new message board into operation at the Agoracom.com Lithium Americas Hub, but it is brand new and the first posts were only on 17 April. I post there as "okiedo".  We have only a few members there, but they are all quite interested in LAC.  We are, of course, biased in out view of LAC... but hopefully not blind to any thorns amongst the Roses.  I look forward to any comments you have in response to the charges made by Mr. Bartell after you investigate further, but do keep in mind that the Definitive Feasibility Study should be published very, very soon.  I believe, if my memory is correct, that it was scheduled for H1 of 2020 but that was before all the SARS-CoV2 business disrupted everyone's life.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I do believe that all LAC investors should at least be aware of the efforts of those individuals trying to stop LAC's Thacker Pass operation from proceeding to completion.  I hope that you will make yourselves aware of the type of information emanating from their web page:     stoplithium.com

New Message
Please login to post a reply