Free
Message: Critical assessment of the 20 April NBC video produced by Chase Cain. Mr. Edward Bartell's critical comments

I did get a short reply from Mr. Cain, however I noted to him in my reply to his reply that I would not convey anything further from him without his OK.  I may never hear from him again, but if I do and he permits me to share then I will post it here on the Agoracom.com forum.  Otherwise that ends it. 

Mr. Bartell's web page that he has set up is available for your inspection.  I don't think he has done much with it and he claims that it is under construction.  His premise is that the LAC claim of zero carbon foot print is erroneous and that the burning of sulfur will negate the zero carbon foot print. He also made a reference that the Thacker Pass operation would draw down the local water table due to a high volume of water required for the mining and processing of the lithium clay.  Probably more so regarding the processing. 

He is correct in that a significant amount of water is required to process the lithium clay and certainly large amounts of sulfur will be trucked in initially, later by rail, since sulfuric acid is an important part of the processing procedure of the lithium clay.

Of course, LAC has addressed these concerns in order to get the required permits for the Thacker Pass opertion.  They have had to identify potential effects on the environment, on the flora and fauna specifically, to identify water sources required for the operation and address a multitude of potential and actual interactions.  The PFS from 2018 addresses these in detail and the DFS to be released sometime this year will address them more in detail.  The Feds have to make a judgement about the EIS and the clock is ticking on that.

If nothing else, Mr. Bartell's effort to organize resistance to the Thacker Pass Project of LAC will bring a focused response by LAC to those concerns.  LAC has already had an outreach program to reach out to local land owners around the Thacker Pass operation and to the nearby indigenous tribes.  They have already studied the possible effects on flora and fauna.  These are not things that just happened to slip their mind.  They are all serious subjects which LAC has brought under focus from a long time back in order to cross the "T"s and dot the "I"s so that they can obtain the approval of the regulating bodies involved.  Their intent is to be a good neigbor and that at the end of life of the mine to restore the land to its condition prior to their arrival.  So, in effect, they have to plan almost 50 years ahead in order to gain the necessary approvals and to do so years before they can process that first load of lithium clay into lithium carbonate and/or lithium hydroxide.

New Message
Please login to post a reply