Free
Message: Environmental impact on indigenous people in Argentina regarding Lithium mining

I posted a link in the Link Library, just for reference.  It represents a perspective from the environmentalist and local peoples' view of the water situation in Northern Argentina that puts the mining companies interests in conflict with those of the local population.  One reason to post this link is that it may serve as a resource and another is that it points out how important water conservation is in the processing of lithium brine at Cauchari-Olaroz, not only as applied to Minera Exar and LAC, but to all the other lithium mining companies operating in that area.

The title of the piece is:  "White Gold, the violent water dispute in Argentina.

So that we don't forget that there are at least two divergent viewpoints about lithium mining at Cauchari-Olaroz.  If I were to examine the opposition to Thacker Pass by local Nevadans in Humboldt County, Nevada, vs the local population at Cauchari-Olaroz then I would have to conclude that the problem is far more significat at Cauchari-Olaroz.   Something to be aware of as we get closer to production at Cauachari-Olaroz.      Okiedl

New Message
Please login to post a reply