Free
Message: SQM reverses course and moves ahead with plans to increase capacity

Bassomatic:  "The good news is that there aren't many miners that can turn on a dime like this.   It's going to take years for supply to catch up with demand once things really get moving.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the main discussion forum? "

A very important point, Steve.  Of course there are not many mining companies, Major or Juniors, that can make that turn on a dime.  The timing of LAC, both at Cauchari-Olaroz and at Thacker Pass may turn out to be quite fortuitous.  

In regard to your question about the placement of this topic:  Yup, it probably should be over on the Discussion Forum.  Posting placement can be a rather arbitrary thing.  I confess struggling briefly with where to post a particular item and sometimes I get it right and sometimes I get it wrong.  I have no way to change the placement site once it is posted, other than to just repost it over on the other forum.  On the other hand, your comment does illustrate one point:  members are reading posts on both locations.  For quite a while I didn't think anyone really looked at the Off Topic Forum, same for the Link Library.

The decision process we undergo to ascribe our posts to either the Discussion Forum or to the Off Topic Forum is worthy of additional comments.  What criteria to other members and yourself suggest that we all use when asigning our individual posts.  I confess that my own seems to depend upon my mood at the moment, not a very admirable process!   May I suggest that we can't limit posts to the Discussion Forum that only have the words Lithium Americas in the post.  That is an easy suggestion.  It gets tougher after that... take it away, Bassomatic and let me read your suggestions.  Mine aren't working so well and I am open to better decision criteria.  I would like to have the thoughts of others as well.  Chime in Pavel, Cal and everyone else.  We should be able to come up with some guidelines that are helpful.  I don't think they should be rigid, because being inflexible on it will only add stress and discord, but general agreement might be helpful in most situations.  I don't want something so firm as the "6 Rules", just something as recommendations to all of us.  Thanks!   Okiedo

By the way, it is time for some of the other members to start taking advantage of the Link Library and start posting there.  I am not sure what "Rank" you have to be to post there... just off hand... but we now have members of who should be eligible.  We have every rank now except "President" and one of our members should be at that Rank before the end of this year.   

New Message
Please login to post a reply