Free
Message: Home generators using Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries... another niche market for lithium

I mentioned one possible Photelectric powered generator just as an example.  The one I mentioned in a prior post comes in at about 40 pounds of weight, without the solar panels.  I've been looking lately at some that are lighter in weight and some that are heavier in weight.  I am keeping this topic "Off Topic" as it is not the major focus of Lithium Americas, but some may find it interesting for supplemental power "Just in case..." their home has a power outage.  The generators come separate, for the most part, from the solar panels, which are purchased as a separate item.

Below are more examples of solar generators.  I am not recommending any particular one and they have different capabilities as is in evidence by the information provided in each of the links:

Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station

Founded by a former Apple battery engineer in Silicon Valley in 2012

Buy Bluetti AC200 [Quad Kit] 2,000wH / 2,000W Solar Generator Kit + 4 x 100 Watt Solar Panels (shopsolarkits.com)

The Big Banana of home solar, or at least it is one of the larger systems, is:

Titan Solar Generator + 10 x 100 Watt Solar Panels | Flexible Solar Kit - Free Shipping & No Sales Tax (shopsolarkits.com)

A general article about the pros and cons of a solar generator is linked below:

What Are the Pros and Cons of a Solar Generator? (solarreviews.com)

These are just a very few examples.  Smaller units, down to pocket size for only recharging your cell phone, and larger units for providing whole house solar electrification are available.  I find that the large variety of home solar generators on the market is proof of the increased interest in this form of alternative energy and a much wider market now for these products than just the former limitation of marketing pretty much just to "Doomsday Preppers".  Lots of new members in the market who don't fit under the umbrella of "Preppers".  

Another thing I found interesting, although it is about available solar panels instead of the "Generators" themselves, was that some of the solar panels being advertised by the same companies making the generators claim a 23%+ efficiency for their monocrystaline solar panels.  That is some of the highest efficiency available and way more efficient than the older polycrystaline solar panels.  

OK, this note was never intended to be definitive on the subject.  For some it is only a starting point for further inquiry and for others it is only a review of what they already know is out there in the market place.    I am just indulging my own interest in this subject with this post and thus the "Off Topic" selection for its posting.    Okiedo

PS: for DIY folks, the videos of Will Prowse is a good place to start.  He also reviews some commercial units.  He had an initial evaluation, very positive, on the Bluetti AD200P and he also had a follow up video that had very critical comments from others who had problems, yet his own Bluetti worked flawlessly.

New Message
Please login to post a reply