Free

Thanks, Cal.  This site was set up to provide a place for posts that reflect a genuine interest in Lithium Americas, lithium mining, lithium products and the lithium market.  Fortunately, the members who post here came with those same interests, definitely including yourself.  Agoracom provides the venue where we can focus on those things.

Alternative energy applications of lithium batteries and ESU products are just a couple of examples of additional markets to the obvious market of EV batteries, but when you add all the other niche markets for lithium products, the list is pretty long.

The situation in Texas right now is horrible and definitely reflects poor planning for extreme situations.  I had an email from a friend in Tulsa, Oklahoma yesterday who told me that they had an ambient temp of -13 degrees F. and a wind chill of -23 degrees F., so the situation is wide spread in regard to the underlying weather conditions, but you already know that.  I believe you are having heavy snow there in Ohio.  Here in Northern Nevada in the High Desert we seem to have lucked out and this winter has been comparatively mild.  I don't believe we have even got down to anything below 15 degrees F. and most days have much higher temps than that.

I suspect that all of the states, not just Texas, will be re-evaluating their power reserves over the next few months, if not the next few years with a view toward better preparation for temp extremes.  It is so ironic that a state so rich in natural energy resources would experience the shortages that Texas is now suffering.  Undoubtedly the review in Texas of what went wrong will result in major economic and political changes in an attempt to prevent it from ever happening again and all of those things will include the broader viewpoint toward electricity generation that you and Pavel have espoused here in the past. 

One thing that has the power to change human behavior and human planning is tragedy.  Look for big changes in the way Texas approaches electricity generation, winterizing all equipment used in the generation and transportation of various energy sources and Peak generation for extreme demand situations.

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply