Free

In reference to my posts earlier today, 26 July 2021, over on the Discussion Forum titled:  "Re: LAC and Arena"

Apology posted here.  I never meant to have multiple posts regarding the same thing.

How this happened:

I received a message from Agoracom that said something in effect that the first post on "Re: LAC and Arena" was not accepted for posting.  Not sure why, but anyway that was the way I interpreted it and so I reframed it and posted again before going back to look at the posts in that que, only to see later that it had, in fact, been posted despite the note I had received to the contrary and by that time I had posted follow up notes trying to get past Agoracom with an acceptable version. This resulted in multiple versions of the same note.  Very confusing, at least to me. 

As much as a proponent as I am for all of the advantages of Agoracom over TOB, I confess that I do miss the ability to self delete a message that I have posted at any time.  TOB offers that ability to its members and it can be very valuable if you see an obvious error in something you have posted and/or you just want to make a correction for any reason.  In effect, you have an unlimited time to revise a post of your own.  I like that ability, but I can also see why Agoracom might not allow it after the 5 minutes that they give us to modify our post immediately after posting it.  So, whatever we post here on Agoracom is a true commitment since the individual who posted it can not arbitrarily go back the next day or 5 days later and remove their post just as if it was never posted, we have that initial 5 minutes and then it is chiseled in stone, so to speak... unless, of course, a Hub Leader or Agoracom Administration objects to the content according to the 6 Rules or if another member here files a "Violation" complaint. In that situation the post may be deleted by one of the Hub Leaders or by Agoracom Administration.

Bottom line:  Always a good idea here to do an immediate quick review of your post.  Do as I say and not as I do.  My reviews often come after that 5 minute grace and in those cases I am stuck with it.  Admittedly, "Bad Form"!

Okiedo

Jul 27, 2021 11:21AM
Cal
Jul 29, 2021 09:17AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply