Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: CREW Calls for DOJ Investigation Into Short-Seller Shkreli

Here's Marty's reply:

[UPDATE: Shkreli called us around 3 pm ET today and had this to say: "Every three or six months or so, CREW attempts to say something bad about me. I don’t really quite understand, given that they’ve been ‘reporting’ about this for over a year. But there hasn't been any progress in their attempt to villianize me... CREW seems to be out of touch with what the regulatory agencies care about. If anything, there should be more people like me, in my opinion, who are willing to make their opinion well known and not be ashamed to admit they feel strongly one way or the other about something.

"...They cite that I’ve had dealings with regulatory agencies. And they’re very sensitive to that. I can understand their perspective, but reality is that FDA is an organization, that in my opinion, thrives on public opinion... They enjoy input... If I feel that I have something important to tell the FDA, as a citizen, then it's my right to do so. And I’ve certainly always disclosed very clearly every conflict I have. I’ve sent documents to CREW and they refuse to acknowledge that I’ve cooperated with their investigation. They claim they received the documents through Freedom of Information requests, when in reality, I’m the one who sent them to them.

Shkreli adds the SEC has not contacted him about the letter CREW sent earlier this year to the agency and also disputes the claim that he knows nothing about drug development, pointing to the recent creation of Retrophin to buy and develop medicines (see this). "I think I’m an expert in drug development. It's wildly inaccurate (to suggest I don’t have expertise). I have a team of doctors who assist me in researching pharmaceuticals... But if I have a problem seeing a weight-loss drug getting approval, I don’t see a problem with stating that. I don’t see it as any different as a lobbyist saying that."]

You have to page down a bit to find the article...

http://www.pharmalot.com/

New Message
Please login to post a reply