Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
opc
Aug 07, 2012 07:16PM
Aug 07, 2012 07:44PM

opc
Aug 07, 2012 08:56PM

They speak about % of needed subjects that have been screened (and therefore enrolled) as opposed to % of potential subjects who have been screened. It means what you thought it meant before you tried to parse it too closely.

I would be optimistic about what I heard on the call, except that it has all been said so many times before with no results. Partnership has been close for a very long time now. Agin we can tantalize ourselves with the idea that trial results will entice the potential partners, but it did not in the past.

Similarly, logic would indicate they are in no danger of running out of money. If they were they did not need to do the Type 2 trial or any of the other smaller studies. It would seem that Al has the money and would be willing to spend it, but in keeping with the philosphy of "capital, capital, capital" wants to keep as much dry powder as possible, and so is looking elsewhere for any funding possibilities, as he never wants to get down to his last dime. But this kind of logic has failed in the past in trying to understand what is happening with MNKD. Certainly if they are desperate and looking at the possibility of closing the doors after the end of the year they are putting on a very brave face.

It is also disappointing that the timeline seems to strech farther and farther into the future. Three additional months for enrollment means that we have now spent 11 months enrolling patients. Not even the Type 1 study which began enrollment much earlier is complete. Very disappointing, although we now have the explaination (excuse) of looking for early stage Type 2 patients with HbA1c above 10.

Again we have the talk of developments that cannot be discussed, but iit continues to be overpromise and deliver nothing but bad news. I am beginning to wonder if they are also overpromising on the "PKPD's" of Afrezza.

But I guess I'm a dead-ender at this point.

New Message
Please login to post a reply