Welcome to the McFaulds Lake HUB on AGORACOM

Discuss the various junior resource companies within the McFaulds Lake Area

Free
Message: Re: Meteor Impacts addition...BTW..your link is dated 1996...
Jan 06, 2008 08:54AM
Jan 06, 2008 09:30AM

Having been born in Sudbury, I like to think and continue to believe that it is unique. I am reasonably familiar with the contraversy of impact theories as it was an area of discussion for years around the Sudbury area some 40+ years ago. You can even go to one of my first posts here at Agora(http://www.agoracom.com/ir/Kodiak/me... ) to verify my awareness in understanding that there has always been skepticism on that impact theory. Dr. Walter Peredery who is a consultant with Kodiak had worked with Robert S. Dietz in revealing origin of Sudbury ore as a result of an impact.

I beleive that Donald R. Lowe and associated scientists that you have referenced confirmed the age of the oldest meteorite collision on Earth, do not believe that it led to a conclusion that Bushvelt in Africa or an area in Australia was the actual location.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...

At that time Donald R. Lowe said

"We are reporting on a single meteorite impact that has left deposits in both South Africa and Australia," said Donald R. Lowe, a Stanford professor of geological and environmental sciences who co-authored the Science study. "We have no idea where the actual impact might have been."

I believe that the reference to a single meteorite impact that has left "deposits" was not a reference to leaving a mineable deposit but rather it is the result of a rock vapor cloud from an actual impact at an unknown area that eventually condensed and formed droplets that solidified into spherules, which rained back down onto the earth's surface and this has since been found both in Africa and Australia."

Jan 07, 2008 01:05AM
Jan 07, 2008 04:10AM
Jan 07, 2008 06:26AM

Jan 07, 2008 07:18AM
Jan 07, 2008 07:32AM

Jan 07, 2008 07:36AM
Jan 07, 2008 08:01AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply