Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Oct 31, 2007 08:44AM

If you think about it, at this point (assuming what's going on is what everyone thinks is going on, i.e., settlement negotiations), our team is definitely in the driver's seat, IMO. We're negotiating with three competing entities, separately. The obvious ploy now is like the old "first mover discount" thing. Presumeably, the first to cave will get a better deal than the others - at least this should the the perception presented. That is powerful. I wouldn't be too surprised to see one cave fairly early, and the others drag their feet a little longer. But the game can be played again when we're down to two - the last one standing will pay the most (again, perception - may or may not prove to be true). This parenthetical also suggests we won't see dollar amounts till the last one signs.

Another possible aspect of this may be the "saving face" thing. Who wants the tag of being the one that paid the most for a license? This is now a competition thing as much as anything else IMO.

JMHOs, and I KNOW nuttin'!

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply