Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

The settlement will be on the litigation, the '148 and '336 patents.

The MMP Portfolio is nothing to do with the Court case and will involve separate negotiations.

This just doesn't make sense to me. The J's will settle with TPL/PTSC for only 2 patents and then they will come back in court to fight it out for the 584 and other possible patents that they may infringe on.

I know logic and ligitation some time does not go hand and hand, but what about the court cost. Suppose the J's settle or want to settle in the 100-300 mil range and they are told it is just for the 148 and 336. Would they not ask for the whole MMP like every other licensee have so far. TPL/PTSC will say we will be back in court to settle the 584 issue and maybe other patents.

I am having a hard time with this scenario, anyone else? 

Why would the J's after seeing all the licensee and agreements press about MMP with high profile tech. companies etc. make a deal for a partial settlement knowing well that they are on the hook for more possibly anytime soon again.

Now if you are saying, 148 and 336 (584) is what got them to court but they (J's) are negotiating for the whole MMP that makes some sense.

But I believe you are a lawyer and that is your field of expertise, so whom am I to say otherwise.

glta

Tom 

New Message
Please login to post a reply