Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: Turley 's departure (c/p from tribune columnist):

Mar 01, 2008 05:39AM
Mar 01, 2008 06:01AM

Re: Turley 's departure (c/p from tribune columnist):

in response to by
posted on Mar 01, 2008 06:02AM
By Bruce V. Bigelow
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

March 1, 2008

Patriot Scientific said yesterday it has replaced Chief Executive Officer Jim Turley, who was appointed just eight months ago to head the Carlsbad technology holding and patent licensing company.

The company said Turley had also resigned from the company's board, which he joined a year ago. His resignation was effective Thursday.

Turley had replaced David Pohl as CEO. Pohl resigned from the board on Feb. 7, saying that he wanted to spend more time with his family. Pohl was succeed as chairman by Carlton Johnson, who did not respond to a call yesterday seeking further comment.

Patriot holds patents that cover some features of microprocessor design, and generates nearly all of its revenue by licensing its technology to other companies.

“I leave the company in a strong financial and strategic position,” Turley said in a statement, “but I haven't been able to accomplish many of the things I'd set out to do.”

Turley had worked to make an acquisition to expand the company and improve its cash flow.

Patriot named Rick Goerner interim chief executive. Goerner previously headed TransDimension, an Irvine maker of high-speed connectors for computers, until the company was acquired by Oxford Semiconductor in 2005. Goerner spent much of his career with Silicon Systems and Texas Instruments.

Patriot generated nearly $49 million in licensing revenue for fiscal 2007 and showed an annual profit of nearly $23.4 million.

Bruce Bigelow: (619) 293-1314; bruce.bigelow@uniontrib.com
Mar 01, 2008 08:21AM

Mar 02, 2008 04:57AM
Mar 02, 2008 09:46AM
Mar 02, 2008 10:16AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply