Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Mar 13, 2008 04:35PM

I believe when PTSC purchased the rights to the Shboom microprocessor, it was with the sole purpose to implement it into and run their GPRadar with it... I do not believe they even knew it could be tweaked to run Java at that time... and I also do not believe they had any idea that the patents encompassed all that they actually encompass... IMO when the true value of the patents was beginning to come to light the Fish Fam Trust attempted to take them back thru their own failed litigation.

As for Mr Moore... IMO he could have cared less about the value of the patents.. and was quoted during the initial litigation over the '336 as stating he would just have seen them 'remain sitting on a shelf'... IMO Mr Leckerone, who had partial rights to the patents assigned to him from Moore, completed the patent process.. realized the potential future value of them and was intelligent enough to get TT&C involved. IMO PTSC then got greedy.. desiring all the'336 to themselves... regardless of who actually invented what.. One possible outcome would have been PTSC as sole owner of the '336 and PTSC would have been the ones responsible for contacting, accusing, collecting on the '336 alone... I cringe at the thought of how Wallin, Gloria, Falk Jr, Pohl, Swartz & CJ would have handled that... having completely ostracized themselves from TPL & TTC.. Their thoughts must have been, well we'll own the '336 and if you want the other patents to be worth anything we had better combine them and market them.. but we'll take all $ from the '336. Otherwise what would have happened to the other patents?? Would they have remained 'worthless' due to joint ownership and basic undercutting in licensing? Would there have been a trial to determine sole ownership for each of them then also? I'm getting a headache...

ntp... I agree the trial for the '336 was extremely enlightening and revealing.. I'll never forget reading the Pacer stating Higgins testimony would not be allowed and B&O had been DQ'd.. I get a little nauseous now just thinking about it.. Perhaps that is why I am a bit gun-shy/cautious regarding the Reexams....

Thank Goodness the two sides eventually recognized the value of the patents, reconciled to the point of combining them and finally began collecting on their extraordinary value.

jmo... corrections/tweaks requested please

---slow day at the office today..

New Message
Please login to post a reply