Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

We're basicaly in agreement, I think.

I too don't see the high float has THAT big a deal. There is the possibility that PTSC could accomplish a listing on a major exchange on its own (or, perhaps better said, via TPL's efforts alone) through PPS appreciation (as opposed to via the acquisition of a listed company). In that case, the high float might be desireable for liquidity, and thus our OS situation may be okay and actually a plus.

You will note that in my post I said "That's not to say that PTSC won't, IMO, look at buying downstream, after the PPS has settled. However, I'll opine again that IMO the share buyback ship has sailed - they'll never again have an opportunity like they did 6-8 months ago." I doubt anyone could argue with that.... If they do re-institute a share buyback program, it seems unlikely that they'd be able to pick up shares in the $.30-.40 range. At least I don't believe such a thing would be possible.

Now for a short walk on the wild (speculation) side. What if the numbers are really good, the PR is really good, the media treats us right, S&L stays on the sidelines and the PPS explodes past $5? PTSC applies for a listing, things start out smooth, but PTSC must maintain the PPS above $5 for 30+ days. I would think they'd be compelled to do buybacks as necessary to maintain that value towards achieving the listing (and I would think that S&L would be compelled to stay sidelined at that point). And RG would get his options. I know this is pretty "out there", but it would be a justified action IMO.

But in the more likely scenarios, I just don't see where buybacks are all that compelling. OS of 391M (or whatever), and 500M authorized. They certainly don't need the shares (with some 110M in the coffers). There would have to be some serious "bang for the buck" attitude to prompt them to buy. They probably wouldn't be looking at the exponential appreciation they could have got if they'd bought their butts off at 38 cents (while probably removing S&L from the picture at the same time).

Oh well, just MHO - and I KNOW nuttin'!

Now to sit back and watch another slow day..... And I won't be surprised if it's relatively slow again tomorrow. Thursday? Completely different story IMO (minimum of 10M volume IMO, regardless of the numbers).

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply