Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Random thoughts

posted on May 16, 2008 09:25PM

TPL should have anticipated the re-exam requests - Pohl was quoted as saying this is a common tactic for infringers. Long before the re-exam requests there should have been discussion as to how the requests would affect not only on-going and future license negotiations, but also how they would affect negotiations and possible settlements with the J3. If TPL thought they had a strong case they should have either asked for a Stay pending the re-exam outcomes or withdrawn the case (if that is possible) if they thought the re-exams would have a significant impact on any of the above. To think that TPL left possibly tens of millions of dollars on the table because of the re-exams, to me, is unthinkable, as again, IMO it could have been avoided. I know that there were previous posts here pointing out that Judge Ward was not apt to grant a Stay based on the results of re-exams. However, I believe if the Stay was requested early enough in the legal process it would more than likely be granted. Perhaps one of the legal beagles could weigh in on whether I am off base on the Stay request or withdrawing the lawsuit.

To joamval - what Virt said.

To 1Rare! - curious as to why you would post on the I-Hub board that you had sold all, and yet continue to post (negatively) here. You are Aggie on that board, aren't you?

Have a great weekend everyone.

May 16, 2008 10:40PM
May 16, 2008 11:14PM
May 17, 2008 12:05AM
May 18, 2008 02:47AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply