Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: The measured demise...questions for a chart watcher:
Jun 28, 2008 05:46AM
Jun 28, 2008 07:50AM
Jun 28, 2008 04:42PM
Jun 28, 2008 07:25PM
Jun 29, 2008 11:20AM

What does this tell us? IMO, it suggests that TPL's confidence in its dealings with the PTO is extremely high. They've (apparently) "priced in" a positive result from the PTO in their license fee. Hence, no takers.

Would they do that if there were any question in their minds about the re-exams?

Put another way, if there were a question in their minds re: PTO success, wouldn't they mitigate the risk and price the license such that there were takers, lots of them?

So, while some worry about the lack of licensees over the last couple of months, I think of how much more worried I'd feel if there were a lot of signings. To me, that would signal low confidence in the PTO outcome(s), and hence a low price for a license. A "get as many suckers as you can to sign up now before the bad news, and lack of justification for a license - at all - comes down the pike" type attitude. That situation would scare the heck out of me.

So I say again, regarding the question of why licensing has come to a holt, IMO it is an extremely good sign.

Hi SGE1,

May I comment? You resp. PxPEnPassant hit the nail with the above imo.

Then if your reasoning is right, wouldn't this again contradict the assumption that TPL caved in as shown in the fairly small (known) J3 settlement amount because of being afraid of losing validation in trial? I mean, does an experienced judge or jury rule totally different than a PTO examiner? I think they all have to stick to the facts and the facts seem to be obvious, the patents are sound and strong shown, among others, by TPL's cool acting.

So, does it really make sence to give away a J3 license for free or nearly for free while knowing to be in a position of strength?

To sum up, I remain convinced that there is more to it than meets the eye and I am profoundly convinced that TPL is doing the best for their pockets which in one way or the other benefits PTSC and with it SGE1 and all the other longies.

All the best to everyone

jerry

New Message
Please login to post a reply