Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: Sun Microsystems and Fujitsu .....SGE - paylslyone
Jul 14, 2008 05:17AM
Jul 14, 2008 06:49AM
Jul 14, 2008 08:55AM

I understand that Sun isn't buying anything from Fujitsu - this is apparently a JV (though, again, I can't get the pdf to open - puterprob). I obviously wasn't clear enough in what I was suggesting.

What I'm getting at is that Fujitsu would not enter into a JV knowing that the JV product would most likely not be covered by their sole license. Thus, a problem from the get-go. To resolve the issue up front (assuming they have any smarts), they would include the requirement for Sun to acquire an MMP license in the T&Cs of the JV contract. If not, they would knowingly place themselves in a probable dispute. And an injunction would be looming, as they would be producing/selling product that the knew in advance infringes the MMP (kinda hard to suggest ignorance when they have already acquired a license).

I do understand that I'm making at least one assumption here - that being that the JV product will be utilizing Sun chips that infringe.

Hope this helps.

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply