Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Nov 13, 2008 06:59PM
Nov 14, 2008 04:53AM

Milestone:

Thanks for clarifying. I was actually trying to state that IMO, TPL would rather have the MMPs re-examined by the USPTO for validity (not infringement) . TPL may have wanted to avoid a jury trial because a decsion going against TPL would possibly tinge the MMPs reputation in the tech industry. I understand a jury could not determine validity, but a decision against TPL would certainly not help them sell licenses.

Your pasted paragraph stated: "A number of legal scholars have opined openly that juries are simply too unsophisticated to be trusted with decision making in modern patent cases because the technology (microprocessors, biotechnology) is often way beyond their ability to understand."

Is it unrealstic to think that TPL shared the same view as these legal scholars mentioned above?

I'm curious to know what your opinion is regarding the J-3. Do you believe it is a done deal or do you think Patriot/TPL has something else coming to them from the J-3?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

New Message
Please login to post a reply