Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Re: Its a toss up....swamp

posted on Dec 26, 2008 10:45AM

Perhaps my initial post was not clear in its request for relevant technology. Quantum computing and giga-quantum-bit storage technology, as interesting as they might be, is the "cannon" in my previous post's analogy, and it is clearly not a direct competitor for the technology currently enlisting the designs patented under the MMP.

While there are many cutting-edge technologies in computing that are being researched and subsequently migrated into development and production (though some will remain in the theoretical domain for decades), what I was requesting was your analysis of technology that would compete with the MMP technology in electronic devices that are not of the super-computing world. Put another way, every day products such as home appliances, automobiles, cell phones, audio and video devices, etc., may one day benefit from some of the very advanced technologies such as the one you submitted, but for the foreseeable future the microprocessor and its design as we now know it will serve to adequately facilitate the function and features we have come to expect in these everyday devices, based on the simple fact that they are inexpensive, predictable in performance, and perfectly adequate in speed and power to implement at the level of design for which they were intended.

The MMP patents do have a shelf-life, but I find it highly unlikely that they will be rendered obsolete prior to their natural end. We are all fighting entropy, but I would suggest that the MMP has a predictable path regarding its own natural decay.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers,

DG

New Message
Please login to post a reply