Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

B-Lunist / Re: No message by the company SGE1.. moxa1

posted on Mar 23, 2009 09:29PM

If the "tech community" was going to support the 336 in a convincing way, I would've expected TPL to have already played that card, as TIME IS MONEY with these patents, and there would be no reason to prolong this affair and all the reason in the world to have spared no effort to avoid the final rejection, IMO. While I hope TPL continues the fight vigorously - if they see a path to success, that is - I certainly do not think it's LIKELY that we'll get a reversal without an altered '336. Hopefully I'm dead wrong. It would be good to hear something from the company "Forcefully" declaring the fight to correct the examiner's findings.

As for licenses, while I'd love to see more, and expect that we may, the Ropers and the Unisyses of the world don't represent much more than the fees necessary to fund the fight, IMO. I think best case, based on history, they paid a combined $2M, and likely much less. If we see a few more of those, I think they simply represent who TPL could sign easily either before or after the '336 was finally rejected. They likely got a good deal and felt the fee was low enough to offset the opportunity costs of concentrating on resisting the licensing efforts. Now if we see a $25B or larger electronics company sign, then I think I'd change my tune on that, but while I welcom the Roper & Unysis signings as they hopefullly keep PTSC from having to fund PDS further, I'm not that impressed by those signings.

Taking into account the J's settlement, the market action over the last year, RG's focus away from the MMP in public comments, and the USPTO actions to date, it seems that the obvious is not the US who are in the know because we've been watching and doing our DD, but those who have sold us down to these levels that have been correct. With that in mind, I hope that RG is TRULY a CEO interested in building the new company AND protecting our share of the MMP, and not a hired hand who is part of the black helicopter theories that sometimes run through my head, and luckily for my sanity, the collective heads of the board posters here, lol.

Signed,

Doubtfully Hopeful

or

At Least the Steelers Won!

New Message
Please login to post a reply