Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Aug 20, 2009 10:23PM

Milestone,

you say:

As to Avot, I was thinking along the lines of a first responder arriving at a scene where vehicular access is unavailable, using their cell phone to take a short video, sending it to a co-ordinator, and an informed decision relayed back to the phone and any other personnel, as required.

I say while it is a good idea, it is way past that point now. Holmatro, a hydraulic recue tool manufacturer, offers a computer program detailing vehicle extrication procedures for just about any vehicle available and is updated through subscription. It is used on the laptop of every vehicle in our fire department. Considerations are battery location, airbag and initiator (it is quite a demonstration to see a hydraulic tool cut through an airbag initiator) locations and reinforcement locations.

We use blackberry cell phones for texting and voice com when radio traffic is sensitive. I have yet to see a telephone screen worth a damn.

The final point I want to make is that any first responder worth his salt already has that datbase in his head....or %80 of it anyway...the rest is a few clicks away on a portable hardened laptop.

I would advise ANYONE who has not much reality based knowlege on 21st century emergency communications and data storage/retieval to jump in with the next cub scout tour of their local emergency service. It will not only be entertaining, but also an eye opener as far as what is/has been on place. Real time GPS, mapping and planning and multi agency communication are in place...now. That party started years ago.

Good Luck,

(I) C. W.

Aug 21, 2009 01:10PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply